Saturday, December 7, 2013

How To Get Over A Fear Of Bugs

How To Get Over A Fear Of Bugs


Why do we have a fear of bugs? Is it for survival? No, in fact many bugs are edible and very high in protein. So why exactly do we fear them. I honestly don't see a reason.

Some people like me might find a tarantula cute, but others shriek in fear every time they see one. Getting over a fear of bugs is really not hard, but you have to be able to endure. If you have weak discipline it will not work.

When I was a child, I was scared to death of bees. I don't know why I just was. One day, I had to go help a family member with an outdoor project and guess what I worked next to. A bee hive. Just my luck of course. I wanted to get the project done but I had so many bees flying around me. How I did it was I just stayed out there, and did my work anyways. Sure I was startled a few times and I even had bees smack into me, but I got rid of my fear that day. Since then i've never had a fear of bees.

When you get into a situation like this you learn that if you don't bother them they wont bother you. Almost like a mutual agreement between a different species. This does not apply to rabid animals or carnivorous animals.

I guess the ultimate test to see if your fear is gone is to eat one. I know you can't eat a bee, but you can eat some spiders, crickets, locusts, etc. I've eaten a cricket before it tasted like stale bread. Mine was coated in cheese though so basically cheesy stale bread. Wasn't too bad actually. Scorpions are pretty good too, but still not my favorite thing. They taste like a strange peanut butter. Crunchy on the outside, squishy on the inside.

That probably wasn't the best visual for you if you are scared of scorpions. Sorry. (insert evil smile here)

No comments:

Post a Comment